Saturday, September 1, 2007

Celtic knotwork class project

This picture was taken at an earlier stage of the knotwork. I'm almost done with all of the applique and I really like how it's coming along. I made one change to the instructions - I'll be using two different fabrics, instead of a one color application, but other than that the design will be the same.
I've met Nancy Chong (who is teaching this class) in person, while we were still living in Washington state, but living in AZ now, it's nice to take classes from her long distance at Quilt University. Her classes there are great, because her material is very detailed and you work at your own pace, while still having the benefit of classroom discussion/input.

I don't know if I'll finish the applique over the weekend (DD is having little guest over), but if I do, I'll take a picture of the finished top to post here.

2 comments:

Gail said...

What an interesting journey, I never gave any consideration to Celtic design before, never really sparked my interest, but now after seeing your work here I will be more observant and I know more interested.
Thanks Gabriele,
Gail

Franie said...

Intriguing!