This morning I finished outline quilting this Hawaiian applique wall hanging. The original design is from Nancy Chong (Woodland Lei), but I had to modify the outer ring (basically eliminating it) to fit the fabric I had. With any projects like this wall hanging that are done entirely using hand applique I also hand quilt these. The applique went really smoothly, because batiks are less likely to fray unlike other fabrics, but having used batiks for backing, top and applique fabric I find it's harder to hand quilt and I have to use one of those rubber needle grabbers to get the needle out of the top after each stitching sequence.
This is a close up - don't know if you can see the quilting stitches very well along the outside of the applique.
Next I'll need to do some echo quilting and then it'll go up on one of our walls. :o)
This is a small Lone Star wall hanging that has been sitting in my closet for way to long.
After having received my book order from Pam Clarke I found a design I liked to go into the corner squares and triangle units. With the star having been closely machine quilted I needed something to balance those blank areas out.
This is the design I used for the squares and I halved it to use in the triangle units.
I've been working on the quilting part of this top for 3 days so far. Right now I'm trying to decide how I want to quilt the border and then it's almost ready to be displayed as well.