Sunday, January 18, 2009

Dear Jane L-10


So, first I started out by tracing the shapes for the center of the block on the backside of the fabric, using a light box. Next you can see how I hand pieced some shapes and the third picture shows the center finished with the border added by machine.


I then went ahead and traced the shapes for the applique onto the block.

Here you see the block partially finished.
And below is the block in all it's glory. As you can see it's far from perfect. I also took the liberty to change the color placement around - it's my block afterall. Why go through all of the piecing of the block, if you put the same color next to each other and not even see there's a seam?
Boy, this block was a beast to tackle and although it's not perfect, it's DONE!

No comments: