Friday, January 9, 2009

First finish for 2009

Wohoo, I finished my first little project for this year.
A little background to this wall hanging - I took the Flower Power class offered at Quilt University from Susan Brittingham in February of 2007 (you can see more about that if you browse my blog entries for that time) and Susan provided us with the pattern for the Thistle. This week I finally decided on how I wanted to quilt it and you can see the result of my freehand quilting in the picture. Now talk about procrastinating on finishing something this small, but I'm glad I can strike one project of my UFO/WIP/PIG list for 2009.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

The quilting is gorgeous, Gabriele! What a lovely wall hanging. Congrats on the first one!

Judy D in WA said...

Way to go Gaby. I love it. Awesome quilting.

SH Sue said...

Gabriele - Congrats. The quilting is lovely - sue

Franie said...

You go girl! That is great. And it is beautiful! Love your quilting too. Nice job!

Anonymous said...

Love the quilting and the way it turned out!
June

Julie said...

I love it Gabriele! Nice job on a UFO finish. Julie H.

Quilter Kathy said...

Beautiful job on the flower quilt!
I especially love the feather quilting in the border!

qwilltr said...

I am so jealous. You did a fabulous job on the quilting! I have not mastered feathers yet. You did a very nice job!

Peggy in VA