Wednesday, March 14, 2007

My visit in Washington

Boy, it's been a while since I've last posted and the time just seems to fly!

So I'll try to compress the happenings of the last weeks and will try to break it up into several posts to not write a novel. lol

Sooooo, in the picture below you see (from left to right) Robin, Molly and myself.


For the annual Sew & Stitchery Expo in Puyallup, WA, I was invited by Molly to stay at her house. Robin and I flew in Wednesday evening and Thursday and Friday the three of us spent in seminars and, as time allowed, browsed the many, many vendors. The seminars were great (although some were a bit different from what we imagined) and we even got to take a picture with Marti Michell!!!

Marti recognized me from when we were selecting fabric at Parkland Parish for one of her classes I was teaching there and I thought that was neat, because she sees hundreds of faces during expo.


With Expo drawing to a close for us on Friday and having been done with our seminars I was finally able to make my BIG purchase! After comparing prices on Thursday and Friday, I decided that the Juki TL-98Q was the perfect fit for me for the price and the features I was looking for. Best thing was that I didn't have to lug the machine on the plane with me, because they offered FREE shipping and handling and NO tax. On top of that I got a $300 shopping spree at Superior Threads! So who could beat that? So below you can see my new "baby" that arrived at my home at super speed and my thread selection.



Saturday we went quilt shop hopping with Molly's friend Judi (who was driving) and Becca, who belongs to WASIQ (an internet quilt group, Molly, Robin and I belong to). The picture below was taken at The Quilted Rose in Orting, WA.

Below are some of the purchases from Expo and our shop hop:

The stencils were picked up at Bayside quilting in Olympia, WA, a longarmer's paradise.


So as you can see, we had a lot of fun and some very productive days. :o)

No comments: